Welcome to The Fore Report

Thanks for stopping by.....now go hit some balls!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The time has arrived......Here's The Christina Kim Q & A interview!

Whether cutting it up on the course practicing before a tourney, or practicing at home in Florida, Christina Kim has a smile and laugh that are contagious! 


She has been a member of the US Solheim Cup twice, with the most recent being in 2009 at Rich Harvest Farms when she grabbed the final point to clinch the Cup for the US Team. Her Solheim record overall is 3-1-0! This season thus far, she has finished tied for 8th at The Womens' US Open,  9th for the RICOH British Women's Open, 25th at the LPGA Championship by Wegman's and 29th at the HSBC Women's Champions, to name a few. She turned pro in 2002, after finishing 2nd on the money list of the Futures Tour with 12 Top Ten finishes out of 18, which earned her exempt status for the LPGA Tour in 2003, her Rookie Year.




She was the first to have the record/title of the "youngest LPGA Player to earn $1 million dollars" (which has since been broken). She is currently ranked 53rd on the Rolex Rankings list as of the end of July. I've used bright colors for this session, to reflect the bright personality that Christina Kim brings to the LPGA. I hope you enjoy......






Q. At what age did you first realize that you had what it takes &  wanted to play golf competitively?
A. Funny enough, my perception of golf was always a bit different from the norm. I just always knew I wanted to play golf for my entire life, and then at the age of 16 I realized what the LPGA was. When I was 14 onward, my father lugged around a video camera and tripod to EVERY tournament I played. We would then analyze my rounds after the fact. So when I saw the LPGA on TV, I assumed it was something similar. It was only when I started to play really aggressively in amateur events that the idea of playing and making money sunk in. What a wonderful career to have! To do what you love and to love what you do is often very rare in life. So I would say it was at a pretty late stage in life when I figured it out, but I knew I always wanted to play golf at a young age, so its hard to answer the question!


Q. You seem to be close with your family and have supportive parents, are there any other siblings in prof sports? And does your family all live nearby? A. My family is pretty close-knit. I have an older brother and sister, and though we all started to play at the same time, I'm the only one that caught the bug. My brother is more of an introvert and very intelligent when it comes to science and technology, so he has found a passion for that. My sister still plays, but is happily married and focuses on her career. My brother lives about a half an hour away from me in Orlando.


Q. What do you feel was the biggest change you made this year with your game, that started to really   make a difference and start placing you back near the top?
 
A. Two words- Ron Stockton. He and I spent one hour on the putting green in Toledo, and since then, my view on the game is absurdly different. I feel like I am unstoppable and I am excited to be on the greens again!



Q. What has been the overall response of your book "Swinging From my Heels" from your fellow competitors on the LPGA Tour? I personally LOVED the book after reading it the first two days after I rec'd it! It was one I couldn't put down and literally gave me many laughs!
A. Thank you for the kind words. Of the nearly 40 players I've given a copy of my book to, I have yet to hear one negative comment. It was such a thrilling experience to write, and the journey to discovering so many things about me was incredible!



Q. Are there any sequels in store for all your fans? And, how did you find balance with a grueling travel schedule and say, writing that first book with Alan Shipnuck?
A. I've been asked many times about whether a sequel is in store for Alan and me. It is such an honor because that means people have enjoyed the book, which immensely pleases me. However, at this time, I think writing a sequel is not in the stars at this time. Making phone calls is pretty much how Alan and I made the book work. We would be on the phone for hours at a time, while I would go about multitasking!



Q. It seems that you literally have thousands of fans, both on the course and with Twitter; what is your favorite social networking site that you prefer for connecting with your fans?
A. In so far, I love being able to interact with my fans and followers on Twitter. To be able to be connected to so many thousands of fans, at any given moment, is very fulfilling. I have met so many wonderful people through Twitter, and for that I am grateful!



Q. As a prof golfer on the LPGA Tour, what would you say the hardest thing is to give up while your out grinding away traveling to tournaments?  A. The hardest thing to give up is the ability to hang out with friends and family. But that is something that one can and has to get used to. Phone calls, skype, email, texts, have all now become a means of a second language for me, though nothing beats being in one's presence.


Q. Who are your sponsors?
A. I presently do business with Clemmy's all natural ice cream, Keri golf bags, Jamie Sadock clothing, Sunderland Outfitters, PUR water filters, TaylorMade, Putterflys, and I do non-endorsement business with Porsche. 



Q. While I realize some golfers might have others do their travel scheduling/booking flights, etc, I've heard that you do all of this yourself, is that true?
A. I personally love being able to find a perfect travel schedule. I do a portion of my own accommodations, as well as have travel agents book some as well. And why not? If one is capable of doing their own travel, I think they should! 



Q. What would you say are your goals for the remainder of this season and into the start of 2011 on the LPGA Tour? A. My goals are to win, to try and achieve a perfect round of golf where I hit every shot just the way I want to, and to continue to grow the brand of the LPGA and the game of golf, wherever I go.


Q. What do you find most flattering from the thousands of fans you have, being a prof golfer, accomplished writer, and great presence in the world of social networking? 
A. I find the fact that people listen to what I have to say in my tweets, my book, my blog, and as a golfer the most humbling thing in the world. I can't believe anyone would want to know what I do on a daily basis. It is such a great feeling, and yet I still don't get it haha! :)



Q. And winding down with our questions, what keeps you grounded with so many accomplishments at such a young age? 
A. My parents always told me that no matter what you do, you have to remember where you come from. And like many people in the world, I was not raised with a silver spoon. I was always raised to be respectful of people and what they do. However, I don't think I am that accomplished, to be honest. I feel like my career is just starting. 



Q. Is there a special someone in your life right now?  Do you forsee marriage and/or children in your future on the LPGA Tour or will that be another separate chapter in your life after golf?
A. I am not dating right now, nor do I have any intention of finding a boyfriend for a while. I had a relationship with a great guy earlier this year, but I realized that at the present moment, golf has to consume my life. Nancy Lopez has given me some great advice, in telling me that right now is the best time in my life. That I should take care of me and find personal happiness. And anytime Ms. Lopez tells me something, I listen!!





Q. There was a huge response to the CKJR golf match up with John Raser, is there a sequel....CKJR #2 in store for your fans? And when might they expect this to occur?
A. The CKJR golf match I had with my buddy, John Raser, was so much fun! I had a great time, and I am definitely fiending on when I get a chance for redemption! We are both very busy with our schedules, so presently the CKJR is looking like its going to happen this winter. 


I'd like to Thank Christina Kim, for taking part in this Q & A format interview. You can follow Christina via the following links;  Twitter at @TheChristinaKim  And, her Blog as well via TheChristinaKim.Blogspot.com and lastly, you can also follow all LPGA Tourneys at LPGA



No comments:

Post a Comment